Whether you're looking for panini sandwich recipes, reuben sandwich recipes or a few suggestions for picnic sandwiches, this is where you'll find the most current listing of ideas. If you're anything like me, often the thing I need the most is to look over a list for a bit of inspiration -- then I'm off and running.
• meatball sandwiches: saute some sliced onions and peppers in a small amount of oil, add meatballs and your favorite sauce. Tuck into a roll or on top of toast, top with parmesan or grated cheese
• Veggie Reuben Panini Sandwich Recipe
• Grilled cheese with your favorite cheese and bread (sourdough makes an especially fine sandwich). Add this Italian Grill Spread to give it some exotic garlic kick
• Chicken or Turkey salad: open a can of ready-to-use chicken or turkey, drain well and stir in diced celery and a dollop or mayo, Miracle Whip or plain yogurt. Season with dash of salt, black pepper and some dried parsley - serve on toast or in pita
• Hard-boiled egg, sliced and sprinkled with salt & pepper - on toast with mayo and lettuce
• Sliced meatloaf on whole wheat bread, with butter or mayo & lettuce
• Turkey or Tofurky (vegetarian) with provolone cheese; serve on your favorite bread or toast (with mayo or Miracle Whip)
More Sandwich Ideas:
Forget messy fry pans and grease burns (and a splattered stove!) when you cook bacon this hands-off easy way.
There’s something so satisfying (and fast and easy) about a seasoned egg on lightly toasted bread. Whether it’s with coffee for breakfast or for lunch with tomato soup, it just hits the spot. Sometimes we use a slice or two of turkey ham instead of the pepperoni—sometimes we make just the eggs straight up. Add fresh tomato slices and mayo for the perfect combo.
Crescent rolls are fabulous to have in the refrig for last minute meals. Better than a plain sandwich, it's ham and cheese with a buttery, flaky texture.
Lettuce Wraps Here’s a light, refreshing change from grain-based tortillas. For vegetarians, try slicing baked-cooled-seasoned tofu, add hummus or a variety of cheeses. Mix 'n match these optional add-ins to add zing: sliced dill pickles, sliced sweet pickles, thinly sliced green onions or tomatoes, thinly sliced red or green pepper, marinated olives, mustard, mayonnaise, or Ranch dressing.
Soft flour tortillas are super-handy to keep in the fridge and freezer for roll-up and wrap recipes. Add lettuce or whatever veggies, meats and cheeses you’ve got on hand, and you’ll have a satisfying meal in less time than it takes to order a pizza!
Veggie Reuben Panini Sandwich Recipe
This panini sandwich recipe elevates vegetable-based sandwiches to a whole new level. With regular pantry items and a few veggies from the crisper drawer, you can create a grilled sandwich that rivals any from a NY-style deli. Rock on.
Check out more Quick Meal Ideas here (available on menu at top of the site too):
What's your favorite easy sandwich? Please share on Facebook or twitter.
Need more quick recipe ideas? Search the entire site with the Recipe by Ingredient feature or browse all the recipes alphabetically here.
Sign up to receive tasty weekday meal ideas straight to your inbox with the RSS or email buttons in the upper right corner.