Quick Easy Chicken Recipes for Dinner
Use these quick and easy chicken recipe ideas to help you figure out what to make for dinner tonight. Some days all we need is some inspiration -- especially at mealtime. These are interchangeable with turkey, depending upon your preference.
• roll chunks of cooked chicken or turkey or deli slices into a soft tortilla: add fried feta cheese, diced tomatoes and cucumbers and thinly sliced lettuce. Add a sprinkle of Greek or Italian dressing for flavor
• sautéed Sesame Cutlets: coat boneless breast cutlets or tenders with a mixture of flour, sesame seeds and Adobo (or garlic/onion salt) and black pepper. Press the coating into the chicken well. Cook in a heavy skillet in several tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat, until each side is golden brown. Serve with tossed green salad or rice or baked potatoes
• sprinkle sliced tenderloin with equal parts cumin and paprika. Add a dash of cayenne pepper and black pepper. Sauté in olive oil until thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Remove from heat and squeeze some fresh lemon or lime juice on top. Serve with rice
• Taco Salad Bowl with boneless chicken or turkey cut into 1-inch pieces. Sauté in small amount of oil, sprinkling with chili powder and granulated onion. Cook until no longer pink inside and lightly golden brown. Top salad greens with cooked poultry, sour cream, salsa and guacamole
• top a tossed green salad (or this ramen noodle dinner recipe) with chunks of chicken or turkey: sauté boneless tenderloin (cut into 1-inch pieces) in a small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with onion or garlic powder, dried parsley and black pepper and cook until no longer pink in the middle
• make sandwich salad: open a can of ready-to-use chicken or turkey, drain well and stir in diced celery and a dollop or mayo, Miracle Whip or plain yogurt. Season with dash of salt, black pepper and some dried parsley
• make ground chicken or turkey burgers (season with Adobo or garlic/onion salt and black pepper) - serve on toasted roll or bread with lettuce and tomato with this Oven Roasted Potato Recipe for French fries. If you're up for firing up the grill this weekend, try this Grilled Turkey Burger Recipe
Boneless Chicken Cutlet & Turkey Tender Recipe Ideas
On the Stove-top (may be baked if preferred):
Crispy cutlets: coat lightly with light cornmeal or breadcrumbs, season with salt & pepper. Pan-fry in small amount of oil. Serve with grain or veggies.
Crispy Italian cutlets: sprinkle with granulated onion, garlic and Italian herbs and then pan-fry in small amount of oil (light breading coating optional). Serve with rice, pasta and/or gravy. Or try this Balsamic-Glazed Chicken.
Italian tomato: brown chicken on both sides, then add minced garlic, a can of stewed tomatoes and several tablespoons of Italian dressing. Simmer until done. Serve over rice.
Sandwich: sprinkle with favorite herbs (we like Adobo, oregano and basil), coat lightly with flour, salt & pepper. Pan-fry in small amount of oil. Serve on crusty roll or bread with tomato/lettuce.
Fajitas or Wraps: slice thinly and sauté over medium-high heat. Season with granulated onion or soy sauce. Sauté sliced onions and bell peppers in second pan. Serve in soft tortilla with sour cream and salsa (or a variety of salad greens and veggies). Or try this Chicken Fajita or Cherry Chicken Wrap recipe.
Open-face with gravy: slice thinly, season with salt & pepper and cook over medium-high heat. Add gravy and simmer until done. Serve over toast.
Biscuits and gravy: prepare as above while biscuits bake in oven. Or try these Chicken-fried Steaks with Gravy.
Salad topper: cut into small chunks and sprinkle with favorite herbs (we like Adobo, oregano and basil). Pan-fry in small amount of oil. Top a spinach salad.
Soup: Sauté chunks of chicken until starting to brown. Add onion, celery and potato (or your favorite veggies), water or broth and simmer until done. Add thyme, Adobo or salt and pepper.
Stew: sauté chunks with favorite veggie combo (onions, potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn). Add stewed tomatoes and water or broth. Add seasonings: thyme, fennel, bay leaf, saffron, Adobo or salt and pepper.
Mexican-style: sauté with tomatoes, onions, green chiles, chili powder or taco seasoning. Serve with soft or hard tacos or rice.
Greek-style: sauté slices over medium-high heat. Add granulated garlic and onion, sliced onions and peppers. Cook until done, top with feta cheese. Serve with pita bread, tzatziki and hummus. Or try this Chicken Greek-style recipe.
Middle Eastern-style: simmer with onion, garlic, cumin, raisins/currants. Top with mint, parsley and lemon. Serve with couscous, rice or bulgur. Or try this recipe for Five-Spice Indian Stirfry or Chicken Marsala.
Tangy Citrus: sear cutlets in olive oil until golden brown, add white wine (optional), lemon/lime/orange juice and zest. Thicken with corn starch, if necessary. Serve over rice.
Japanese-style: sauté chunks in sesame oil and season with soy sauce and garlic. Top with scallions, parsley and sesame seeds. Serve over rice or noodles.
Vegetable lovers: sauté slices in olive oil and season with Adobo or garlic salt. When partially cooked add fave vegetables: onions, mushrooms, peas, green beans, carrots, corn ... your choice. Serve with roll or toast.
Parm: sear cutlets with garlic, onion and/or mushrooms. Season with oregano/basil and top with tomato sauce and cheese. Broil until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with rice or noodles. Or try this recipe for Chicken Parmesan.
Nuggets: cut into bite-size pieces and toss with breadcrumbs and seasonings (Adobo, chili powder, granulated garlic, paprika, black pepper) in plastic bag until well coated. Pan-fry in small amount of oil (or bake, if preferred). Or try this easy Shake & Sauté Chicken.
More Easy Turkey Recipes:
Need more quick easy chicken and turkey recipe ideas? Here are the Top 10 Quick Ways to Make Chicken. Search the entire site with the Recipe by Ingredient feature or browse all the recipes alphabetically here.
Sign up to receive tasty weekday meal ideas straight to your inbox with the RSS or email buttons in the upper right corne