Quick Easy Bean Recipe Ideas
Whether it's pinto bean recipes, great northern bean recipes or black bean recipes, this is where you'll find the most current listing of bean recipe ideas. If you're like me, most of the time what I could use most is some inspiration -- a couple of ideas for 'what to make!'
• make 3-Bean Chili: use kidney beans, black beans and pinto beans and stewed tomatoes. Add some frozen corn during the last 10 minutes of cook time and top with shredded cheese. Serve with cornbread
• make a bean and potato curry: using a can of beans that you have on hand (lentils, pinto beans, white beans, etc.), pour them into a pan with some diced potatoes. Cover with water and add 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder. Bring to a boil and then simmer until potatoes are tender and water has evaporated to make a thick stew. Add salt and pepper to taste
• Taco Salad Bowl with dollops of refried beans (warmed in microwave) on tossed salad greens. Add sour cream, salsa and guacamole
• quesadillas: refried beans, cheese, soft flour tortillas; serve with salsa and sour cream (easy how-to for bean & cheese quesadillas here)
• some more bean and lentil suggestions in this blog entry
More Quick Easy Bean Recipes:
This recipe works great with any beans--try pinto, navy beans, black beans and more. Whether plain, topped with gravy, or served alongside a dollop of sour cream, these burgers will turn economical into exciting!
Sign up to receive tasty weekday meal ideas straight to your inbox with the RSS or email buttons in the upper right corner.