No matter what type of pizza is your favorite, when it's time to make this popular dish, sometimes we could use a little 'pizza inspiration.' This is where you'll find the most current listing of pizza recipe ideas in an easy-to-reference list.
• make a Greek-style pizza: top this Thin Pizza Crust Recipe and Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe with a blend of mozzarella cheese with a handful of crumbled feta. Top with Calamata olive, sauteed onion and/or spinach, if you like
• make this Easy Bisquick Pizza Crust Recipe and top with sauce, cheese and veggies. I like to lightly saute some sliced onions, bell peppers and mushrooms
• Hawaiian: top with pineapples and ham
• Vegetarian: top with onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, black olives, broccoli, garlic and/or artichoke hearts
• Meat Lovers: top with pepperoni, sausage, hamburger and/or Canadian bacon
• Extra Cheese or 3-Cheese: start with mozzarella and add favorites such as Muenster, provolone or parmesan
• make this Thin Pizza Crust Recipe and top with sauce and shredded mozzarella. Add one of your favorite toppings: sliced onions or mushrooms (lightly sauteed first), black olives, broccoli, roasted eggplant/garlic/peppers, BBQ chicken, pepperoni, sausage, proscuitto or ham
• Greek: top with onions, mushrooms, black olives and feta cheese (maybe even some sautéed spinach and garlic)
• make a Mexican pizza with this Cornmeal Pizza Crust Recipe (see recipe below); top with salsa, refried beans, green chiles and cheese (add some chorizo for a spicy kick)
• make crescent roll pizza pockets: layer sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese onto crescent roll and top with tablespoon or two of pizza sauce. Add a sprinkle of oregano (and some slices of pepperoni, if you like) and bake. Serve with tossed green salad
Here's my favorite easy homemade pizza sauce recipe. Keep a can of tomato paste in the cupboard and you're only minutes away from an A-1 pizza sauce -- plus it only costs pennies!
Crust Recipe Ideas:
This cornmeal pizza crust recipe offers pizza with a Mexican twist. It can easily be adapted to your family’s preferences by changing the toppings: try black beans, hot peppers or sautéed onions -- anything goes!
This easy Bisquick pizza crust recipe has been a family fave since I was a kid. It's quick to mix and can be made with other baking mixes -- I often use the Aldi Baker's Choice brand since it's more economical. No sauce? Try this quick and easy pizza sauce.
Make this easy gluten free pizza crust with your leftover rice in the fridge. With a crispy fried coating, this crust puts a whole new twist on stove-top pan pizza. This recipe is best prepared in two heavy cast iron skillets, but non-stick skillets will work as well. This makes enough for two pizza crusts to serve four people.
This thin pizza crust recipe makes two pizzas -- we usually make one larger 15-inch and one smaller 12-inch. It's quick to mix and bake, but you'll want to allow at least 30 minutes rising time. Pizza pans with holes in the bottom give a crispy crust, although baking stones and regular ole cookie sheets will work just fine too!
More Pizza Recipe Ideas:
When you're in the mood for a Greek-style pizza but don't have time to make a pizza shop dough, crescent rolls fill in quite nicely.
It’s hard to decide what’s best about this pizza recipe—the sophisticated update of a classic favorite, or the fact that it only takes 5 minutes to prepare! Feel free to sub the fresh Roma tomatoes with anything on hand: cherry tomato halves, canned—even traditional sauce.
Check out more Quick Meal Ideas here (available on menu at top of the site too):
What's your favorite easy way to make pizza? Please share on Facebook or twitter.
Need more quick pizza recipe ideas? Search the entire site with the Recipe by Ingredient feature or browse all the recipes alphabetically here.
Sign up to receive tasty weekday meal ideas straight to your inbox with the RSS or email buttons in the upper right corner.