Looking for some easy vegetarian recipe ideas? Here's the place to find some new vegetarian meal inspiration. When I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner, I do best with a list of ideas to refer to -- so that's what I'm creating here, in the hopes that it will help you too.
• Shepherd's Pie made with frozen tofu, seitan or tempeh chunks
• California Black Bean Salad
• create a Greek-style wrap: warm a soft tortilla and tuck in fried feta cheese, sliced lettuce, diced cucumber, broccoli florets, and/or tomato and olives. Add a sprinkle of Greek or Italian dressing, if you like
• heat some refried beans and create individual plates of Super Nachos: layer corn chips with some shredded cheese and melt under the broiler. Top with the refried beans and customize according to preferences. Offer lots of veggies: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, olives, sliced avocadoes. Add condiments as preferred: salsa, sour cream, guacamole (if not using the sliced avocadoes)
• Mom's Best Potato Salad Recipe
• cook up a batch of Fantastic Foods Taco Filling Mix. Scoop on top of Taco Salad Bowl and add sour cream, salsa and guacamole
• serve cheese chunks with a sliced baguette
• make hot crescent roll Tofurky sandwiches (use your favorite deli slice flavor): tuck cheese (Swiss, muenster, American, etc.) into rectangle crescents (join 2 triangles) and bake. Serve with tomato soup
More Vegetarian Recipe Ideas:
Creamy Potato Corn Chowder Soup Recipe Thanks to Elizabeth Kaufmann for this potato corn chowder soup recipe. Adapted this soup from an original recipe in May All Be Fed ( by John Robbins), Elizabeth says it’s a great way to use up broccoli stalks and add more vegetables into one’s diet. She also created a delicious substitution for the soymilk: a cashew/cauliflower milk (see below)*, a boon for those on dairy-free diets.
Plan ahead an hour or two before starting this dish (for tempeh marinating time) for the best flavor. Although reubens are usually meat-laden deli favorites, here’s a hearty vegetarian version that really satisfies.
When you are looking for a fast yet hearty soup, try this give-me-a-taco bowlful. Delicious when served with shredded cheese or a dollop of sour cream. Boca crumbles are a great vegetarian alternative that can be found in the frozen foods section of your grocery store.
A super vegan light supper, this dish is light but satisfying. It is best made with fresh corn off the cob but is still quite good if you use frozen corn. Excellent topped with some thinly sliced green onions too.
Keep some dried tortellini on the pasta shelf and you’ll always have a fast dinner on hand, with this tortellini recipe.
This panini sandwich recipe elevates vegetable-based sandwiches to a whole new level. With regular pantry items and a few veggies from the crisper drawer, you can create a grilled sandwich that rivals any from a NY-style deli. Rock on.
Here's a quick vegetarian 'meatball' recipe to boost tortellini, spaghetti, or ravioli. Just a few whizzes in the food processor and they're ready to shape and bake -- that's just enough time to heat the sauce and toss the salad.
Check out more Quick Meal Ideas here (available on menu at top of the site too):
What's your favorite easy way to make vegetarian fare? Please share on Facebook or twitter.
Need more quick recipe ideas? Search the entire site with the Recipe by Ingredient feature or browse all the recipes alphabetically here.
Sign up to receive tasty weekday meal ideas straight to your inbox with the RSS or email buttons in the upper right corner.