Here's the place to find easy salad recipes and ideas for serving raw vegetables. Sometimes all you might need is an idea to spur you into eating something better and more healthy! It's a big help to me when I can peruse a list of meal or side dish possiblities (especially at the end of a long day).
• California Black Bean Salad Recipe
• Marinated Quick Barley & Bean Salad Recipe
• grate carrots and toss with light dressing of canola oil and lemon juice -- add diced celery and some raisins, if you like. Or try this Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe
• Mom's Best Potato Salad Recipe
• make a simple cucumber raita sauce to complement the spicier main dish (and cool the palate) like this Tangy Baked Tempeh Recipe (Charmoula for Tempeh): grate about half a cucumber, squeeze excess water and then stir into a cup of plain yogurt. Add some seasoning of dried cumin (about 1/2 teaspoon) and some chopped fresh mint, if available. Stir and serve
• Tomato Mozzarella Avocado Recipe
• Three Bean Salad served with pita bread quarters
• coleslaw made with shredded cabbage (buy it ready-to-use) and Kraft Coleslaw dressing (easy and delicious)
More Easy Salad Recipes & Raw Vegetable Recipes Ideas:
Barley Salad Quick barley. It's one staple I always try to keep on hand (look for it in boxes in the rice aisle). It's fast, it's delicious, and kids like the flavor. Here's a salad that can easily adapt to the veggies you have on hand. Go ahead and change-out the carrots, peas and cucumbers for any mix from celery and tomatoes to fennel.
Broccoli Salad This is a common way to turn broccoli into a salad in the PA Dutch area, and this version uses a less-sweet dressing and forgoes peanuts. It's best when mixed 1 to 2 hours before serving--the broccoli will soften and become more 'tender'. Try this 'hands-off baking method' for cooking bacon the less mess way.
Looking for something new to do with several carrots? Add a simple dressing from half a lemon, do a bit of shredding and you’re set for an exciting yet light new flavor.
Greek Pasta Salad
This salad is so adaptable -- no fresh tomatoes? Use canned. Don't like green onions, feta cheese or black olives? Drop 'em or sub 'em out with green olives, pickles, diced salami or a cheese of choice.
Here's a not-too-sweet version that not only saves you money at the deli counter, but tastes far better than the prepared varieties too.
Three Bean Salad Start with two cans of beans, add green beans and corn (go with frozen or canned--whatever you have on hand), and you’ll have a tasty salad in minutes. Choose white beans such as navy, cannellini or great northern. To add color, use pinto, kidney or black beans for the second can.
Check out more Quick Meal Ideas here (available on menu at top of the site too):
What's your favorite quick way to prepare raw vegetables? What's your favorite quick and easy salad recipe? Please share on Facebook or twitter.
Need more quick easy ways to prepare salads and raw veggies? Here's the Top 10 Quick-to-Prepare Spring Vegetables. Or search the entire site with the Recipe by Ingredient feature or browse all the recipes alphabetically here.
Sign up to receive tasty weekday meal ideas straight to your inbox with the RSS or email buttons in the upper right corner